The parlor was originally much smaller when the Williams family built the house in 1855. During the Wyatt’s ownership, a shed roof addition was added to the back of the house and the enlarged space was divided into two rooms. The fireplace was also moved from the original back wall to its current location. These changes were made to accommodate the large family of James A. Jones, who resided in the house as the farm manager at that time. In the 1940s, the Poole family converted the space back to a single room. The porch on the west side of the house was also added by the Poole family, as were the built-in bookcases. The two portraits in this room are of two of the Williams sons, Napoleon and John Quincy.
To learn more about the Williams Family, dial 28. To continue into the dining room, dial 29.